Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I was a part of history

So, in case anybody was wondering, I did vote, and I voted for Obama. I have no ill will against McCain or the Republican party, though I do have ill will towards those people who bad mouth Obama and call him a terrorist or a baby killer or saying that he's not a Christian. That's not voting for the issues, that votings based on propaganda that rears it's ugly head every election.

It annoys me. So. So. So. much.

But, despite what those people who say such ugly things would have you believe, our country WANTS Obama. Obviously, since he won.

And damnit, the man can give one hell of an acceptance speech!

At any rate, I am also super excited to be working on a group project (which presents Monday 11/10) that is a Bread and Puppet-esque performance that has to do with issues in the election. Just so you know, I'll be posting photos of our Obama puppet after our project is over.

However, if my group agrees w/ my sentiments to change one of our skits, we might be assassinating him. Hopefully not the actual puppet part.

The original skit we were basing it off of was "Who is a Terrorist" (Youtube it) that was about the Patriot Act. We were going to change it where the cheerleaders were all Sarah Palin, and we were going to call Obama a terrorist. Then we were going to go on and on about what is a real American, etc. and finally end by calling our prof a terrorist (which is a punch line I never REALLY bought into). However, if they listen to my idea, I think it will be 1000 times better.

My idea is to focus on the fear I know most of the Obama supporters probably had last night. I was literally scared that Obama would get attacked during his acceptance speech. My idea now is to show how those negative comments/lies play into that, and how it's that kind of propaganda and lies that causes our great leaders to get killed.

So, my idea now is for our Sarah Palin cheerleaders to call Obama a terrorist, baby killer, say he hates Jesus, etc. etc., and then have "Joe the Plumber" come in and assasinate him. I think that will get the point across.

Comments?

No comments: