Friday, October 24, 2008

Spoonflower- Oh, the possibilities!

I now have the opportunity to print any type of fabric I want. Problem is, where to begin??

I've been purusing differant spoonflower designs that others have done, and the possibilities are SO ENDLESS!

I've seen tree themes, bird themes, pears, apples, neat seed pods, abstract, minimalist, some neat little scribbley designs, a cute little bird design done in paint, and so many other things!

I just can't decide where to begin. The last thing I want is to be a copy cat. However, I see so many pretty fabrics and it's SO TEMPTING! I just look at these and think I WANT THAT FABRIC!

But, I know that's not the point. I want to create a name for myself as an artist/designer and make completely unique items to my line. As hard as that is to deal with, I need to get gutsy for once and take a risk or two or three or 20.

I'm forcing myself to doodle more.

No comments: